Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 Week Check-Up and His First "Real" Bath

Jax was two weeks old yesterday! Wow, I can't believe it. He had his two week check-up with his pediatrician. I was most interested to see what his weight was, so that we could be sure he was gaining. I'm happy to report that he has gotten back to his birth weight of 7 lb. 14 oz. Yay for the little guy! Everything else looked great as well; he's a happy, healthy boy.

So, I took my camera with me to the dr. visit, so I could get a pic of his first appt. It was in the top of the diaper bag, and the bag was on the table thing. Well, the dr. went to move the bag, and MY CAMERA FELL ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR. MY $2000 CAMERA. I almost had a heart attack. I kid you not. I couldn't breathe. Anyway, I think the baby is ok. It seems to be working fine, and I didn't see any issues with the lens (Thank you GOD!). Wow, that was stressful.

We also gave baby Jax his first real bath last night. He has had sponge baths, but we had to wait for his cord to fall off to give him a real bath. So, he did pretty good. Payton was already in bed, but she just had to watch! It was so cute! Here are some pics from our day.






And a really funny story -- Last Saturday, Payton wanted to mow with Daddy. She loves to sit on the mower with him while he mows. So, she got on with him, but was getting really sleepy, so Jeff got a blanket and set it on the platform of the mower. Well, before he knew it, she had fallen asleep. It was so funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.