Thursday, April 03, 2008

He's Here!!!!

My beautiful, perfect, baby boy made his grand entrance on Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 8:11 am. He weighed in at 7 lb. 14.3 oz. Just 2 oz. bigger than Payton was. He has perfectly beautiful skin, and lovely blonde hair. A lot of people are saying he looks like his Daddy!

My c-section went perfectly. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am, and it was scheduled for 7:30. They had a heck of a time getting my IV in, and I have several bruises to show for it. Once my doctor got here, they rolled me back to the OR around 7:50 am. From there, I went in and got my Spinal Block. That was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I was pretty nervous about the c-section. I'm not sure why, I've had one before. I think I just had too much time to think about it. Anyway, my dr. is great, and it went really quickly and really well.

When I first saw him, he took my breath away. He is just so beautiful and perfect, and I couldn't wait to get my arms around him. They wrapped him up and set him on me. It was perfect. Once he was cleaned up, and I was sewn up, he rode with me back to my room. I was so happy that I got to hold him and nurse him right away. This hospital has really changed in the four years since I had Payton. I didn't have to wait two hours to hold my baby, and I got to nurse right away. Everyone here has been really wonderful. All the nurses are so nice and helpful, and they are really proponents of breastfeeding. I am also proud to say that Jax is a great little nurser! I'm so happy he's been doing so well.

About 1.5 hours ago he was circumcised. He was so upset when he came back. He was really screaming loudly. I could get him calmed down, then he would scream again. I felt so bad for him I started crying. It kills me to see him upset. Anyway, he is sleepng now, and hopefully will feel ok when he wakes up. I hope that he will nurse too. They say that they sleep a lot after the procdure, and often won't want to nurse. So, we will see how he does when he wakes.

Well, I think it's time for me to take a nap. I'm pretty tired. I'll leave you with one good pic of Jax. I hope to get more uploaded soon!


No comments: