Friday, December 23, 2005

Is he trying to give me a heart attack at 29?

OK, do you guys remember last summer when my hubby had the accident with the lift, and we spent the entire day at Parkland? Well, today he wrecked his dirt bike. I was inside wrapping presents, and Justin runs in the house screaming that Jeff's been hurt. So I run outside and he was lying on the ground not moving. By the time I got to him, he had come to. Apparently when he was jumping, the dirt bike bogged down, and didn't give enough power to make it to the landing of the jump. So what happened was it tossed Jeff off and he went head first over the handlebars. Get this; he WASN'T wearing a helmet! URGH! I swear, he's so dumb. Every time he gets on his bike to go ride, I am on him to put on his helmet. When he's riding on our little track by our house, he doesn't seem to think he needs it, for whatever reason. OK, so I'm out there with him, he's got blood all over his head, his knee is killing him and he's just rolling around moaning. Thank God he was moving and talking. When Justin got to him, he was unconscious. Justin was scared to death! After about 30 minutes of rolling around, sitting up, laying down, etc...I finally got the truck over there, and Justin and I were able to get him in the truck. He can't put any weight on his left leg, so he is next to impossible to move. When we came in, we only made it to the first bedroom, which is Justin's. He lay in there for a couple of hours, and then we had to get the rolling office chair to move him to the living room. I couldn't get him to the bathroom for a shower or bath. I did my best to wipe down his wounds with a wet rag. The ground literally took hunks of his hair out. He looks like he has a bad receding hairline, and then a little farther back, there is a hunk out where he has a bad scrape. Oh, and in his right shin there is like a puncture wound. We think it is from the foot peg...that thing is nasty. I got queasy looking at it...it's literally a hole about the size of a pencil eraser, and it looks like it freakin' goes down to the bone. What do I do about that??? I made Justin squeeze some Benzoil Peroxide on it, but I don't know if that did any good. I don't know how we are going to make it over to my brother's tomorrow night for Christmas Eve...Anyone have any crutches? My Mema called and offered her wheelchair. I think we may have to take her up on it. I'll post pictures later.

*******UPDATE***********
So I am writing you now from the office of the Imaging place (aka Cat Scan). We went to the family dr this morning and he took x-rays. Big boy has two broken bones in his leg. Lovely, right? So, we are here to get a cat scan, then off to the orthopedic's office. Who knows how long that will take, or what they will do. If he gets a cast, I'll definitely have to put some pictures up. Oh, and I do have some of his scraped up head. I'll put those up later when we are back home....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jeff! You have now forced us to go over and see you......
DH isn't allowed to play with you! Chelle, mix up some sangria and just drink! What a scare!