Wednesday, December 14, 2005

To catch you all up....

I know, it's been like a month since I've posted. So here's a little bit of what's been going on...

A few weeks ago, Jeff locked me out of the house. Yes, he did. I walked him out one morning, and when I walked around back to pick something up in the back yard, he left and closed the garage door when he left. Well, I had walked out through the garage with him, so it's not like he didn't know that was the only door that was unlocked. Oh, did I mention that all I was wearing was a t-shirt and undies? No shoes, no pants...Lovely, I know. So, I start checking all the windows, knowing they're all locked...of course, they all were. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that Payton was still in her bed, still asleep, I hoped. The next thing I decide to do is to walk to the neighbors. Well, we live out in the country, so it's not like they're right next door. Their house is about 5 acres away. Don't forget, I'm barefoot and we have a rock road. Oh but don't worry, I just walked across the freaking hay, weeds, and dirt. It felt GREAT! OK, so I make it over there, and guess what? Not home. So, I book it all the way back to my house and finally decide it's time to break a window. I broke the little one by the front door thinking it will be the cheapest to replace...not. Not only that, but it was double-paned, tempered, so none of the glass people had it in stock. Oh well, at least I made it in the house to get my baby! It was over a week before the window was fixed...the day before Thanksgiving.

OK, so some time passes...nothing too exciting happens, or at least that I can remember. Last Monday night I was getting ready to drive to Austin with a friend. Well, I turned on the water and we had no pressure. Jeff tells me to call the neighbor to see if they have any water pressure...of course, they do. So what does that mean? We have a busted pipe. So Jeff takes his big light out to look, and sure enough, water spewing everywhere on the side of our house, and a swamp! Lovely. This month's water bill should be massive. So, I need to leave, right? Who's gonna watch P so Jeff can fix the pipe? I'm already late to meet my friend, so it's not like I have time to hang out. I call my mom, no answer. So, I decided to call my sweet neighbor, who loves Payton. I hated to bother her, but knew she wouldn't mind. So, she graciously said she would come over. OK, now we're truckin. I was just a few minutes away from getting to leave my nice warm house to go on a three hour drive to Austin...did not want to go. So neighbor comes over, I go to leave, and what do I do? I freakin' BACKED INTO HER CAR!!!!!! OMG, what else can go wrong?? I was so upset and ticked off at myself for being soo stupid!!!!! OK, so the car isn't fixed yet. I felt horrible. So much for Christmas money! OK, I'm ending this long post now, but more to come.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Is it fixed yet? ;)