Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Work Stuff

I really don't talk about my job much on this blog, but here goes. I have a great job. I work in sales for a very large corporation, and I work out of my home -- which is the best part. It's very flexible, and I'm able to do other things I need to do as well; long as I'm selling stuff and meeting my objectives. Well, I have quite a huge quota that is kinda daunting. I have some good accounts, and some great opportunities pending, but some great stuff that I have lost for this reason or that. Well, I am waiting to hear back this week on a big account that I have been working on for a while. I started out cold-calling this customer last year, and after many many unreturned phone calls, she finally agreed to meet with me. It was a good meeting, and she was very open with us. She told my bosses (who were there with me), that we wouldn't even be sitting there if it weren't for my persistence. Good, right? So anyway, we finally got the opportunity to bid on their business. What's funny is, they weren't even looking at this stuff before I started calling them, now they've got at least three companies bidding on it! Anyway, I know that our pricing was very competitive, and some were below what they are currently paying. One of the guys accidentally sent me their current pricing when sending me their usage info (oops! good for me though). I am hoping to hear something this week. This account is worth about $500,000 and I REALLY need to win it. I love this job and want to keep it! So, please everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed for me! And if you're the praying kind, that wouldn't hurt either!!!

Oh, and, if I am 110% of my quota come Dec. 31, I get to go on an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii in Jan. and bring Jeff with me. That is HUGE, and I SO freakin' want to go. So, if anyone has any connections with restaurants or retailers, have them call me so I can sell them some paper rolls.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So did you get the business????

Michelle said...

Still waiting to hear -- but now, thanks to some changes that were made last week...even if I do get, I won't be getting any commission on it. I am effing PISSED!